NOW HIRING - Cafe Staff
We are currently looking for a Cafe Staff member.
Established in 2007, we are one of Tasmania's longest running specialty coffee operations, with two cafes in the Hobart CBD, supplied by our Roastery in Huntingfield.
We are looking for a new long-term member of the Villino team, who is passionate about coffee and providing a warm and friendly environment for our customers. The role will include FOH, Barista duties, food prep and retail sales.
Specialty coffee is what we do, so we’re looking for someone who already shares our passion, or is looking to learn more about what the top end of the coffee industry has to offer. The ideal candidate would have the flexibility to work plenty of hours, including weekends.
At Villino, we offer ongoing training in the latest coffee preparation techniques, and an inclusive and safe workplace.
The successful applicant’s duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Customer Service
- Greeting and seating of guests
- Preparing and serving light meals
- Serving food and/or beverages
- Receipt of monies
- Preparation of specialty coffee beverages to a high standard
- Espresso extraction in accordance with brew recipes managing grind, dose and yield
- Sensory evaluation of brew recipes
- Milk texturing and free pouring (free-pour art on every drink)
- Brewing pour over (V60) and batch brew filter coffee
- Selling roasted coffee beans to customers
- Cleaning of coffee area, cafe, tables, dishes and cafe equipment
- Receiving, storing and distributing goods
- Start of day and end of day activities
POTENTIAL HOURS / AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Between Villino Coffee and Ecru Coffee we trade 7 days a week (day-time hours).
The successful applicant will be focused on working in hospitality and MUST be able to work 20+ hours a week with flexible availabilities.
At this time, we are unable to consider applicants with limited availability, sorry.
This is a casual position, with opportunities for growth.
HOW TO APPLY
We prefer if you can drop your resume in person to Villino Coffee (30 Criterion St) and ask for the Manager on duty. If you can’t make it in, please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter, addressing the requirements of the role.