We are currently looking for a Café all rounder!
We are looking for a new long-term member of the Villino team, who is passionate about coffee and providing a warm and friendly environment for our customers. These roles will include FOH, Barista duties, food prep, and retail sales, for around 15-25hours a week.
Specialty coffee is what we do, so we’re looking for people who share our passion, or are looking to learn more about what the top end of the coffee industry has to offer. The ideal candidate would have the flexibility to work plenty of hours, including weekends. At Villino, we offer ongoing training in the latest coffee preparation techniques, and pride ourselves on being an inclusive and safe workplace.
The successful applicant’s duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Customer Service
- Greeting and seating of guests
- Preparing and serving light meals
- Serving food and/or beverages
- Receipt of monies
- Preparation of specialty coffee beverages to a high standard
- Espresso extraction in accordance with brew recipes managing grind, dose and yield
- Sensory evaluation of brew recipes
- Milk texturing and free pouring (free-pour art on every drink)
- Brewing pour over (V60) and batch brew filter coffee
- Selling roasted coffee beans to customers
- Cleaning of coffee area, cafe, tables, dishes and cafe equipment
- Receiving, storing and distributing goods
- Start of day and end of day activities
POTENTIAL HOURS / AVAILABILITY REQUIREMENTS
Between our current venues (Villino Coffee and Ecru Coffee) we trade 7 days a week, between the hours of 7am and 4:30pm.
For this role, we're looking for someone available to work a couple of days a week, with flexible availabilities.
This is a casual position, with opportunities for growth for the right candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
We prefer if you can drop your resume in person to Villino Coffee (30 Criterion St) and ask for the Manager on duty. If you can’t make it in, please email your application to email@example.com.
All applications must be accompanied by a cover letter, addressing the requirements of the role.